Normandy is a region in northern France, famously known for the D-day landings during World War II. Our campsite is based in the village of Menil-Hubert-sur-Orne, near Pont-d'Ouilly, 40 minutes from the commune of Caen.
The village of Pont-d'Ouilly itself has:
- Fuel Garage
- Doctors and Chemist
No doubt, you will want to visit the beautiful surrounding areas including:
- 15 minutes - the Louvre - minature village and train
- 20 minutes - commune of Flers
- 20 minutes - Chateau Guillaume le Conquerant
- 45 minutes - Normandy beaches
- 1 hour 30 minutes - The Bayeux Tapestry Museum
You can also get involved with various activites in the surrounding area:
- 5 minutes - kayaking, canoeing, pedlows, fishing and electric boats
- 10 minutes - handgliding
- 15 minutes - rock climbing, absailing, Activity Zone including zip wire
- 15 minutes - Vello Rael - pedal buggies for use on old railway lines
For the less energetic, why not just try a glass or two at the manny riverside restaurants or take a trip up the river being wined and dined on a dedicated restaurant boat. You can also enjoy beautiful contryside walks and cycle routes, of which one runs alongside the campsite.